Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Oreo Cake

     Something else I love to do is cook. One day I was craving oreos, but not just plain oreos. I decided to make an oreo cake. This recipe I made all by myself.
   
     First, I got a Betty Crocker cake mix and a box of oreos. I used a food cruncher to crunch about 5 of my oreos into tiny pieces. I made the cake batter and poured the 5 crunched oreos into the batter. After cooking it, I let it cool so the frosting wouldn't melt. While it cooled, I made the frosting. All I did was mix:

2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 cube softened butter
1/4 c. shortening
1/8 c. cold water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract

     Once the cake was cooled, I spread the frosting on. Once the frosting was spread, I crunched 5 more oreos and sprinkled them on the top of the cake.

This is how the cake turned out (sorry the pictures aren't the best):

No comments:

Post a Comment