Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Melted Crayon Pumpkin

     It is getting close to halloween and I love DIY so I wanted to share with you what I did last halloween.  I saw on Pinterest where they get a white canvas board and melt crayons onto it to make a cool dripping look.  I wanted to make that, but on a pumpkin!  First, I bought a medium sized pumpkin and painted it white. You could just buy a white pumpkin, but that is more expensive.  I also bought a box of 64 crayons.  For my size pumpkin, I only needed about 40 crayons, but the bigger the pumpkin, the more crayons you will need.  I got 40 crayons and put them in rainbow order, then took the wrappers off every single one.  Get a hot glue gun and glue all the crayons in a line (remember: in color order!) When the glue dries, carefully turn the crayons into a circle around the stem of the pumpkin, if that makes sense.  Hot glue them to the pumpkin.  When the glue dries, get your hair-blow drier and blow it onto the pumpkin, then watch the magic! Have a happy halloween and enjoy your beautiful pumpkin!

1 comment: